Keep up with the latest announcements from AccuRC, on this page
you will find details on:
- New simulator updates
- Previews of what is coming soon
- Events we are attending
- And more...
You can also follow us on social media by visiting the links below:
AccuRC Version 1.4 Released - 24th November 2014
AccuRC version 1.4 brings several new improvements and additions.
Direct Control Mode - AccuRC uses a moving control system in order to simulate an RC model fully. This moving control system is very resource intensive but necessary for complete recreation of the flying experience of a specific model. Direct control mode removes this simulation in flight mode only and creates a direct relationship between the servo outputs and control surfaces, freeing up significant resources to allow lower specification machines to run AccuRC's groundbreaking flight dynamics. Therefore direct controls mode allows faster physics rates but it does so at the expense of removing one element of the simulation. Both modes of operation use AccuRC's unique aerodynamics simulation for the best flight dynamics experience on the market.
Also in this update we've brought night flying to your computer with 4 sceneries and 2 models ready for you to switch out the lights and go fly in the dark, something we'll all be doing in the winter months.
Headline New Features
- Direct controls mode for lower spec machines - allows the sim to fly without operating the control system.
- 4 Night flying sceneries (Beaulieu, Burridge, Disused Runway, Private Airfield)
- 2 Night flying helicopters with over 1,800 fully customisable colour schemes EACH! (Synergy E7, Agile 7.2)
- Glow rope random mode - lights flash and change colour whilst you fly - press J to cycle through various options.
- Night Flying Blades (Edge 693's, Edge 105 tail blades)
- Added extra bail out option to recover the model to the nearest horizon (upright / inverted) and added bail out indicators.
- Active Stabilisation mode improved to hold position much better for novice pilots.
- Dongle firmware updater has been integrated into the sim.
- Text pitch gauge overlay.
- Saturation slider to adjust the richness of colours in the sceneries.
- Brightness slider to adjust the brightness of the night sceneries.
- Removed the internal web server to stop sim crashes when computers have malware installed.
- Multiple updates to the user interface to improve the consistency and configuration.
If you are having trouble downloading the update you can download the manual patch here.